Re: Spending Quality Time with a 75 Midget

Subject: Re: Spending Quality Time with a 75 Midget
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 03:06:11 -0700
Bob:

After reading your email response, I think I've placed the
distributor in the wrong place in the circuit.

As I said before, I don't have a wiring diagram to check.

The electrical circuit on a T type goes from the battery through
the control box to the key, then to the coil, to the distributor,
through the points and then to ground.

Does it do the same on the midget?  If so, then in my mind, I
placed the distributor in the wrong side of the circuit to the
coil.  I was thinking the distributor came between the ignition
key and the coil.

You said you have three wires coming out of the distributor: One
goes to the coil.

Is one of the wires hot when the key comes on?  If so, then that
one provides power to the electronic trigger mechanism.

And is the other one a ground for the distributor?

Could you email me the wiring diagram of the ignition circuit?