Re: TD Clutch Cable VS Clutch Levers

To: <BobMGT@aol.com>, <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: TD Clutch Cable VS Clutch Levers
From: "Bob and Carolyn Grunau" <cgrunau@pathcom.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 07:28:09 -0400
The stop-clutch pedal is located inside the pedal box on a LHD car. It is
at the rear of the box, near the inner wall and box cover.  It is a small
round bar piece, ( approx. 5/8" diameter ), and is  about 3/4" long. It has
a stud out the end which is either 1/4" or 5/16" BSF and this goes through
a forward
facing slot in the box floor. The stud nut for the stud is underneath the
box and is visible from the underside of the car. The crank end of the
clutch pedal rear movement is stopped by this small item. Adjustment of the
stop is by sliding the stop forward for less clutch movement and rearward
for more. I think the stop was put in place on the late TDs with clutch
operating rods to stop over-travel of the pedal which could result in
binding or bending of the clutch rods at the sump side lever.
This is all from memory, so the dimensions of the stop may not be exactly
correct.
Bob