Re: Manifold Coating

To: Lawrie@britcars.com
Subject: Re: Manifold Coating
From: David C Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 10:36:43 -0500
Lawrie:-

I, for one, would be interested in the company in Los Angeles.  As a
matter of interest, a fellow Texan emailed me about a fellow in Dallas
that used to do this, although he is now retired.  That fellow was set up
to aluminize aircraft engines (apparently the old piston driven,
aircooled type) and did several of the local T series cars on the side.

The more I learn, the more I it seems that the T series cars had much in
common with WWI fighter aircraft.  Chronometric instruments, Brooklands
racing windscreens (saw one on a Spad in the San Diego air museum), and
now aluminization.  No wonder some owners wear leather helmets, scarves,
and goggles!

David Littlefield
Houston, TX
'62 MGA MkII