Re: Manifold Coating

To: s4usea@fanniemae.com
Subject: Re: Manifold Coating
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 11:35:40 EDT
Scott,
  The original coating was aluminizing, in which liquid aluminum was
sprayed onto the manifold.
  I had an outfit in E.Hartford, CT,   Airborn Coatings,  apply a
dull-finish aluminum-ceramic coating to my manifold.  It's a little
shinier than the original, but should hold up for 125 years or so. I
didn't want gloss, and they told me that it would ease toward a matt
finish as engine hours accumulated. This seems to be true.  I think it
was $75 for the manifold and the four manifold clamps.
  Airborn Coatings, 52 Village, E. Hartford, CT    860-528-8281.
Bob