Re: Noisy CB in my TD

To: ewsinc@BlazeNet.net, "ROBERT G. HOWARD" <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Noisy CB in my TD
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@mail.monmouth.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 03:09:31 -0400
At 01:13 PM 4/8/98 -0400, Charlie Baldwin wrote:
>ROBERT G. HOWARD wrote:
>>
>> Hi Mark,
>>   There is a CB that I carry in the TD for club outings, and the problem
>> with interference is considerable.  I have improved it to "tolerable" by:
>>    capacitor on the distributor
>>    resistor spark plugs
>>    holding the CB in my lap, as far from the ignition as possible, when
>> using it
>>    sticking the magnetic antenna on the rear splash panel
>>    putting a Kmart inline filter on the power supply.
>>  It's still not crystal clear, but it's better. Please pass along any
>> better ideas you acquire.
>> Bob

I drive my TF on long NEMGTR trips and to GOFs. I have used for years a
radio shack hand held CB with a remote antenna on the rear splash pan. The
car is positive ground and the unit has a 12v input as well as internal
batteries. I rigged a cigar lighter socket that reverses the polarity of
the car( plus in the socket goes to  the cars -) and everything works
great. I haven't had a noise problem and I haven't added any noise
supression extras. I never would install a radio! The sound of the engine
is the tune I like best.

Mike