Re: P type engine color

To: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>, "Dan and Jenny Fest \(Coles Nurseries
Subject: Re: P type engine color
From: "Chris Nowlan" <nowlanc@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 15:46:31 -0400
Dan,

    No mention in this thread as to what color we are talking about.  Some
PA's ( and at least J2's ) used both a medium "Forest Green" and a dark red
virtually the same as T-type engine paint which is also virtually identical
to the Carmine Red used as the dark shade in duo tone paint schemes.  I also
believe this is also virtually identical to T-type Autumn red.

    In 2002, there was a very long debate about red versus green.  Lew
Palmer did a survey and found 55% of strongly opinionated MMM owners
believed green was correct while only 33 % voted for red.

    My L2 was most definitely dark red while my 33 J2 is still mostly
original green. The only absolutely original PA I have ever seen that still
had original engine paint was Dave Jarvis's incredible 2 seater example and
it was green.

    Terry's been around a long time so his formula is likely fine.  I used
PPG "global line" # DDC71063.

Cheers,

Chris Nowlan