Re: 2 P-type questions

To: "TOM METCALF" <mgtom@zoominternet.net>,<DB35PA@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: 2 P-type questions
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 09:28:30 -0400
I took a Triumph V8 tach  to bits and mounted it in an MGB case but
broke the needle (pointer).  Got another from a Smiths/Jaeger chap
(now out of business).  The old needle eased off and I pushed the new
one back on.  As far as I can remember the needle could be
misalignment and thus read wrong.  The Smith & Jaeger gauges are very
standard so I would guess that moving the needle around should do
it.   BUT BEWARE the needle is very delicate and VERY easily broken

At 02:43 PM 8/21/2008, TOM METCALF wrote:
>Don,
>
>I have a pattern from an original P passenger foot slope. I can send
>a foto with dimensions. The carpet and pad BOTH go over this.
>
>On the tach, you may need to remove the cable, stick a small
>screwdriver in the slot and dial it backwards. The pointer generally
>snaps right back to zero. If not, you have a problem. The pointer
>could actually be "off", too.
>
>tommmmmmmmmmmm
>www.safetyfastrestoration.com
>----- Original Message ----- From: <DB35PA@aol.com>