RE: 2 P-type questions

To: <DB35PA@aol.com>
Subject: RE: 2 P-type questions
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 19:01:33 -0500
Don,

Here you go on the foot rest.

Cheers,

Lew

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net [mailto:owner-mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net] On
Behalf Of Bob Grunau
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 2:59 PM
To: TOM METCALF; DB35PA@aol.com; mg-mmm@autox.team.net

Don,

I agree with Tom, the needle may be "off".

I just got a TC tacko that read 5500 sitting still. Removed the needle, set

it at approx zero, and the tacko now reads accurately at 2400 RPM when I use

my 1200 rpm drill to drive it counter-clockwise ( tacko is 2/1 faster than

input cable ) .

Bob Grunau

On the tach, you may need to remove the cable, stick a small screwdriver in

the slot and dial it backwards. The pointer generally snaps right back to

zero. If not, you have a problem. The pointer could actually be "off", too.

tommmmmmmmmmmm

> 2. With engine off, my tach reads 600 revs. I don't see anything on the

> back

> of the tach that would allow me to "zero" it.  Tach cable seems free  of

> any

> binding or wiggles. Any suggestions besides either "live with it..  or

> remove

> it and ship it to someone else"?

> thanks,

> Don B.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/msword which had a name
of PtypeFootplate (3).doc]