PA "clatter"at Central states GoF

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: PA "clatter"at Central states GoF
From: DB35PA@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 13:33:09 EDT
Fellows,
Preliminary investigation of the engine "clatter" observed by several of  you
at the recent GoF... award goes to Bill Bollendonk.

We found excessive movement in the vertical drive after removing the  dynamo.
When last  I was in there, I added a 30 thou shim at the top of the  stacked
roller bearings and all was well. Any thoughts as to why it would now  loosen,
with less than 500 miles after? I can continue to add shims but I'd  like
some closure on the root cause?

What is acceptable end-play on the cam itself? I'm going blind trying to
find it in Mr. Blower's good book.

Haven't addressed camber issue but will keep all informed. Dennis is
forwarding magnflux kit to check for cracked front hubs.
Don B.

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.