Assistance sought

To: "MMM Group" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Assistance sought
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 13:05:08 -0700
I am wondering if any of our listers - or their MG friends - live within
easy driving distance of Richmond, Illinois? I have had the good fortune to
find and be able to re-purchase the MG "KT" racing special I built in 1977
and foolishly sold in 1989. It has been stored inside and started from time
to time but, through lack of actual driving, the clutch is not working. From
the seller's description, the disc has stuck itself to the flywheel so it
needs to be started in gear with the clutch pedal depressed and driven a
short distance to break the disc free. Unfortunately, the present owner
suffered a stroke some years ago and is unable to do this for me. The cost
of transporting a non-running car to California is more than that for a
runner (which is already over $1,000) so I'd like to see if I can find
someone willing to see if they can get the car to run. Anyone interested?

TIA,

Lawrie Alexander