Re: fixing plates for seat back-P type

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fixing plates for seat back-P type
From: Emgeeguy@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 14:03:59 EST
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Don B.  wrote:

Gentlemen,

One of the many things which were long gone in my  restoration were  the
original floor panels. Therefore, I'm also  missing the  metal brackets to
receive
the posts found on the bottom  of the  seat back for my P-type. I have
fabricated new ones from  metal strapping and  drilled for fit.

1. Is it  required/advisable to place additional identical brackets on the
underside of the flooring for strength? Don--I would imagine that  these are
the same, or close to, those for a J2. Mine had no additional  bracket on the
underside, and I don't see the need for it. I don't think it  would add any
strength.

2. My thought was to also insert a  thin rubber gasket or  seal with and X
cut
for each adjustment hole,  between the bracket and the  floor to help exclude
casual water  entering through the "extra" adjustment  holes. I doubt that
much  water would come in, and I wouldn't bother. Another possibility is to
cut
only one set of holes to fit me and my long  legs and forget the  adjustment
feature. That's a possibility; your call on  this.

Larry Long