fixing plates for seat back-P type

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: fixing plates for seat back-P type
From: DB35PA@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 13:04:22 EST
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Gentlemen,

One of the many things which were long gone in my restoration were  the
original floor panels. Therefore, I'm also missing the  metal brackets to
receive
the posts found on the bottom of the  seat back for my P-type. I have
fabricated new ones from metal strapping and  drilled for fit.

1. Is it required/advisable to place additional identical brackets on the
underside of the flooring for strength?

2. My thought was to also insert a thin rubber gasket or  seal with and X cut
for each adjustment hole, between the bracket and the  floor to help exclude
casual water entering through the "extra" adjustment  holes. Another
possibility is to cut only one set of holes to fit me and my long  legs and
forget the
adjustment feature.

Comments and suggestions?

Thanks,