RE: PA-PB Transmission rear (output) oil seal

To: "Gerhard Maier" <m.g.erhard@gmx.de>, "mg-mmm" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: PA-PB Transmission rear (output) oil seal
From: "Jack Hardy" <jnshardy@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 17:57:07 -0800
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Gerhard,

Thanks, Your suggestion reminded me that I've read about this technique for MGA
crankshafts. With less heat in the "PB" transmission it should work well. I
like the idea of not modifying the housing or turning off the scroll for a
seal, and I save the cost of getting it machined.
Do you use any abrasive material, such as valve grinding compound, on the
scroll to remove the excess epoxy? If so, I'd be concerned about getting
grinding compound embedded in the epoxy.

Jack Hardy