More PA assembly questions

To: "MMM Group" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: More PA assembly questions
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 15:25:46 -0700
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Thanks to various list members, I have now managed to get my body tub
properly attached to the chassis of my PA 2-seater. Also installed are the
firewall and the radiator, enabling fitting of the bonnet and various
firewall braces. So far, so good. Next in my pile of old parts were two
flat, metal-covered wood pieces which obviously run horizontally from just
behind the radiator to the front of the base of the body tub. Old holes
indicate that to these pieces were attached the catches for the bonnet
latches.

My problem now is that I cannot determine how to attach these pieces to the
car. There is a hole at the forward end of each piece which lines up with a
hole on the top of the chassis just behind the radiator. There are also
holes just forward of the firewall but there is nothing beneath these holes
(they are outboard of the chassis). Photos I took at GoF seem to indicate
that bolts go down through these holes but what do they attach to? And are
these two attachment points the only ones that secure these side pieces to
the car? To cope with the upward pull of the bonnet catches I would have
expected a rather more secure method of attachment.

As always, any pointers, photos, etc. from fellow PA owners will be much
appreciated.

Thanks!

Lawrie Alexander