securing trafficator and related issues

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: securing trafficator and related issues
From: DB35PA@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 19:10:44 EDT
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Gentlemen,

In securing my trafficators, I have run into an issue where I need  help.

1. Both my trafficators and the supporting housings are reproductions. I
find no way to attach the two... and assume I'll have to drill and tap the
trafficator body and drill appropriate mounting hole(s) in the housings.
Another option would be to epoxy small bolts to the trafficator, then drill
housing and secure with appropriate nuts on outside but am concerned  about
permanency of epoxy.

I do find a small pin on the top of the unit which appears to act as a
locator pin into the housing. It doesn't quite fit but I can ream hole to fit.
Other than that, I don't see what holds the two together.

Does anyone have one out of his car and could send me a photo or two? Am I
missing something?

Thanks
Don B.
PA 1823