Re: L type clutch question

To: William Putnam <1933mgj2@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: L type clutch question
From: "J.E.A. Rich" <mmmbob@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 12:02:29 -0700
Cc: mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net
Bill,

The sun came out and the temperature went up to 10: below freezing!

I have to have my memory jogged a bit and I have done that. I made the 6 pins that I have from #8 grade steel bolts. I never had any originals so don't know the correct length but the ones I made are 2.90" long and worked fine. They have a couple of flats on the top to give a surface for a spanner to screw them in and 1/4" BSF threads on the bottom. There are 7/16" of threads and the flats are 3/8" long and deep enough to leave 3/16" of metal for the spanner. I hope this helps.

Cheers, "Bob".

/// http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool