Re: N type caregiver

To: TATERRY@aol.com
Subject: Re: N type caregiver
From: Robert Zwart <zwart1@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 22:38:34 -0800
Cc: MMMGservice@aol.com, racermoss@mac.com, mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net, mg.terryandrews@btinternet.com
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net
TERRY,
I sure know Peter Satori; he (his company) was in Pasadena and was a big MG Dealer He was located on the North side of Colorado Blvd. West of Fair Oaks. The building is not there anymore. They may have sold other cars(maybe Aston Martins, I remember), too. I was blind to any other car at that time. I had my 1949 MGTC and needed a manual. I stopped by Peter Satori and they GAVE me an original copy( in 1952). You can't get that kind of service nowadays. Even if you paid for it. I also dealt with Gough. They had locations, I think, in New York and maybe Chicago. I once had a catalogue from them. I doubt if I still have it. They had spare parts for all British cars. I have some files I haven't looked at for over 30 years, so I might dig them out in the next few months if I'm able. Then I'll let you know if I have addresses or documents. By the way, my 1929 MG M Type was also from Pasadena, Murphy Motor Car Company, not far from where Peter Satori was located. Murphy later sold Dodges and Chryslers. The building is still there. I have a photo of it. Once, Murphy gave a trophy for excellent restorations at the Pasadena Concours, also non-existent now.
BOB