RE: Second verse - Re: Lights- head lamps-

To: mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Second verse - Re: Lights- head lamps-
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 19:13:38 -0500
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net
Sounds like you have a good plan for the lights.

However, a couple of points:

1) The "U" lenses with the open end of the "U" pointing up.

2) It sounds like your reflectors (one of them anyway) may have been part of
the dipping system. The two small holes left and right were probably the
swivel points. There should be matching holes on the dip mechanism frame. I
used a small ball bearing inserted between said frame and the reflector.
Then I added the return spring in the hole at the bottom (top?) of the
reflector going to the dipper frame (bent up tab).

3) I too was missing the actuator that was pulled in by the electromagnet. I
made a replacement out of aabout a 10 penny nail cut to an appropriate
length. The head of the nail stick out of the magnet and is just about a
perfect replacement.

Cheers,
Lew