Re: OOps!

To: Cnowlan@aol.com, mgtom@bright.net, mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: OOps!
From: DB35PA@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:24:42 EDT
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net
Chris, Tom et al,

Boy have I made a mess of things...

Throttle linkage seems (based on pictures, etc.) to be near  original.

Clutch assembly and associated spring seems to be OK other than spring is
broken and needs to be replaced.

Brake assembly

After bead blasting ... it appears an extra "lug" had been welded on the
bottom of the brake peddle, then drilled to accept (my assumption) a  spring.

It is located below the hole which accepts the clevis pin for the  attachment
to the actuating rod back to the brake cross tube.

Since the tension on the peddle is controlled by the adjustment mechanism
under the floor board, I could see no purpose for the "extra spring" unless it
was some attempt to create a version of "power assisted" brake peddle.  Or...

The original undertray was missing, as was the brake light switch and  spring
assembly and all wiring. Now I wonder if a previous owner made this up to
actuate some form of brake light switch.

I have previously located a reproduction tray, proper switch and fabricated
the small bracket attached to the brake rod as I found in various photos. I
believe it is close to original.

Sorry again for the confusion... I'm going to grind the damned thing off  and
forget it.

Don B.