Re: OOps!

To: <DB35PA@aol.com>, <mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: OOps!
From: "tom metcalf" <mgtom@bright.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 22:18:18 -0400
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net
Hey Guys,

I'm still not getting this. I don't recall ANY hole on the bottom of the brake pedal. First, the spring actuator for the brake light switch is NOT connected to the brake pedal; it's clipped onto the connecting rod between the pedal bottom and brake cross shaft (and it's easily adjusted for strength through the trap door by moving the clip for or aft.) From there a sping & wire does go down to the switch which is fastened with 2BA round head bolts to the undertray. Further, I don't recall anything other than the clevis connection for the connecting rod on the short end of the pedal.

However, I DO recall a small return spring hole on the CLUTCH pedal, which connects to a clip on the firewall below the floorboard. This is very important as it keeps the fingers from touching and wearing into the actuating disk when not being depressed.

I'm going by memory from all this so CAVEAT EMPTOR! Actually, I don't remember much about Latin, either. But I can check several P brake pedals tomorrow, which is what I should have done before trusting my mem.....o..r.. y .

tommm

----- Original Message ----- From: <DB35PA@aol.com>