Re: K3 Repro on Ebay

To: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: K3 Repro on Ebay
From: "Hiro" <hiro@octagongarage.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:42:39 +0900
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hiello,

I know this car very well and indeed I drove it in 1988.
The car was built by Peter Gregory in mid 80's and shipped to Michael R.
Berry in Hong Kong.
Kiyoshi Takihana, one of Japanese classic car dealers brought it in Japan in
1988 and sold to Shinichi Kashiwagi soon. He is still our club member (Kobe
MG Car Club). While he owned it, I had a lucky opportunity to drive it for
the occasion of  local classic car rally. Was great car. In around 1990, he
sold it to Mr.Omae and he had some preselector problem as well as big end
metal wear. He wanted me to buy it around $60K around 1997 'as it is'
condition, but I didn't have (don't have even now) enough money!
Then it went to UK via one Japanese chap (maybe a famous classic car
collector Yoshinori Hayashi) and, I assume, COYS. Engine and preselector
were repaird then and sold (I saw an ad insome mag) to somebody. I don't
know after that.

Original price Kashiwagi purchased from Takihana was 15mil yen ($130K) in
1988 and he sold it to Omae at little less price I think.

Very nice replica. Price should be $100K I think. I have some photos in my
collection, so if someone win the bid, tell me.

Hiro Nishio
Kobe, Japan