PA floor boards

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: PA floor boards
From: DB35PA@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:04:18 EDT
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hi Fellows,

Two quick questions on new floorboards for PA. I have already treated wood
with a copper naphthenate based preservative and made minor tweaks for a good
fit.

1. For further protection, what do you recommend for top coat on underside,
most exposed to water and road grime. Seems like something with a hard shell
like a marine varnish? The preservative seems to fully been absorbed into the
wood ... but it doesn't do anything to seal the grain.

2. I've been told radiant road heat in the passenger area is a major  problem
... especially here in Kansas where summers reach Hi-90s regularly. I've
seen insulation products sold in sheets (various thickness) with a foil
covering. Glued to interlining of cars, it is reported to be excellent in
reflecting
heat. Your thoughts/experiences in placing a thin layer under the  carpets?

Bobbie, Brian Kelly's wife, told me to wear sandals and carry water in  a
spritzer bottle. If correct, anyone have the plans for mounting an aux. water
tank on a PA for my size 12s?(grins)

Thanks,

Don B.