Re: Chassis Paint?

To: <Jorolibb@aol.com>, <Kellmg@aol.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>, <mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: Chassis Paint?
From: "Ray" <spook01@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 20:58:12 -0500
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
I am curious:  Why are you bead blasting and not using something like
aluminum oxide grit to blast.  Beads work great on non-ferrous metals, but
really don't do much to rust on a chassis.
Rustoleum is an oldie but goodie, too.  When I use it, I start with the
rusty metal primer, then top coat.  It holds up pretty well...
Best,
Ray

"Nothing leaves a mark like whacking into the ground!"