Re: Chassis Paint?

To: Kellmg@aol.com, mg-mmm@autox.team.net, mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Chassis Paint?
From: Jorolibb@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 21:49:47 EDT
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
In a message dated 3/24/04 12:29:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Kellmg@aol.com
writes:

> Listers,
>
> Thanks so much for the numerous replies re Por 15 and other suggested paints.
> All made good reading for me.

Dear folks,

I've read some very good things about Por 15 but have yet to hear anyone
mention Rustoleum. I used Rustoleum out of the spray can and/or quart can and
brushed or sprayed this onto all my chassis parts for my J2 over 15 years ago
and
it still looks great. Granted, it's still a rolling chassis so hasn't seen
much weather but my MGA has seen much weather over the past 20+ years that it's
bee restored and it has held up really well. I bead blast, prime and top coat
with Rustoleum. I plan on doing the same with the TC chassis and chassis parts
in the near future.

John Libbert
Milford, OH
J2 3118