Re: Crankshaft Oilway Plugs

To: Lew Palmer <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>, MMM List <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Crankshaft Oilway Plugs
From: "J.E.A.Rich" <mmmbob@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:42:16 -0700
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Lew,

It sounds to me that you've drilled out too much of the plug and not left
yourself enough to get a hold of. The plugs are 1" OD with a 16 tpi thread
and 55: pitch angle. If I'm right and you haven't left much material, I
suggest you go even further and drill or bore the hole to 7/8" or a shade
larger, and then peel what's left of the plug out of the thread. A little
heat will help to loosen what's left of the plug, but don't over do it !

Cheers, "Bob".