Re: Crankshaft Oilway Plugs

To: "Palmer, Lew" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Subject: Re: Crankshaft Oilway Plugs
From: Pat Mullen <pmullen@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 22:06:38 -0800
Cc: MG-MMM <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Lew,

The plugs are threaded Right Hand so if you want to try to unscrew them
you have to use a Left Hand thread or an Easi-out.

Bob Jones wrote the article in the 4- and 6-cyl books from Malcolm Green
and his method is to drill a number of 1/8" holes in the form of a
cross, knocking the smaller parts down into the hole, retrieving them
with pliers. He says it's probably the nastiest job to do on Triple-M
cars.

Hope this helps.

Cheers ..... Pat