Re: RE: Stub axle repair

To: <grunau.garage@sympatico.ca>, "Bob Grunau" <grunau.garage@sympatico.ca>, "Pat Mullen" <pmullen@telus.net>
Subject: Re: RE: Stub axle repair
From: <hiro@octagongarage.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 17:16:45 +0900
Cc: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Dear Bill, Terry, Pat and Bob

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Bob, I will send a separate
mail off list shortly!

Hiro Nishio

"Bob Grunau"  wrote:

>Hi Pat, Bill amd MMMers,
>Thanks Pat and Bill for the kind words.
>
>-Yes I can supply and install front stub axle inserts into TA/TB/TC and
 MMM
>cars. I have supplied J2 front spindles and repaired and installed NA
>spindles. I assume other MMM cars are the same spindle insert.
>-I can also supply and install tapered rear axle shafts for the
TA/TB/TC and MMM cars. The J2 is a shorter shaft but NA/NB are the same
as TC. I am about to make a new batch of tapered outer end rear axles
and so could make some of J2/PA length if there is a demand.
Installation into the hub means taper boring the rear hub and replacing
the old parrallel press fit with a taper and locknut. The assembly is
held together with a 7/8" NF Nyloc nut and flat
>washer. Works well.
>-I can also supply rear wheel bearing 2" hex lock nuts (left and right
thread ) which incorporate a lip seal to run on the tapered rear axle
(or standard rear axle with a Speedi-sleeve) and help keep oil in the
diff and off the brakes.
>-I have a few TA/TB/TC dual spare aluminum adapters in stock which
would work on P types and possibly N types. The adapter supports the
first spare wheel, then the second spare is hung on the adapter and the
regular spare locknut sttaches it to the adapter. Photos available.
>-I can supply Tompkins steering box aluminum covers complete with
needle thrust bearing and bolts  for the TA/TB/TC and I believe these
also work on Bishop Cam MMM steering boxes.