Octane Rating

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Octane Rating
From: GRaw505@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:44:18 EST
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hello All.
I've decided to swap from Redex Lead Replacement to Tetra boost.  Does anyone
have any opinions on what concentration, i.e. what Star / Octane rating
should be used in a mildly blown (about 3 to 4 lbs) PA.  I've increased the
size of
the exhaust valves (now the same as the inlet valves) so there isn't enough
room to fit hardened seats.
On another topic, I've just noticed a tiny difference in the cam / valve
clearance.  Does anyone have any tech. info of the cam profiles so that I can
check to see if the hardening on the cam has broken down causing wear?
Many Thanks
Geoff Rawlings