Re: Malcolm Campbell Wheels

To: Cnowlan@aol.com, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Malcolm Campbell Wheels
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 14:05:02 EST
Cc: SCULPTART@aol.com
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
In a message dated 2/10/04 08:36:56 Pacific Standard Time, Cnowlan@aol.com
writes:

<<  Tom Corden in Colorado (sculptart@aol.com ) did a
 great job of casting up new spoke covers that have all of the details of the
 originals.  He made molds off the original covers which I had carefully
saved and
 cast them in place.  Ben also made a mold to impress the rim with the
Blumels
 logo, patent #'s etc as found on the backside of the original rim.  >>

That would be Ben Cordsen....My wheel has no spoke covers which makes me
think it was somewhat restored in the past.  My spokes are attached to the
wheel
with a fat short chrome screw and I do not find the Blumels logo and Patent #
even tho I believe my wheel covering is original....I do have the deep finger
indentations on the wheel.  Chris, can you email me a picture of your restored
wheel?
Cheers
Terry