Re: electric water pump

To: Gerhard Maier <m.g.erhard@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: electric water pump
From: Stefaan Vernyns <stefaan.vernyns@pandora.be>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 23:44:18 +0100
Cc: J or B Conn <budc@zianet.com>, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hi Bud and others,

I have put a electric waterpump on my F-type two years ago. I copied a design
from
Urs Langen and can't thank him enough for this. The waterpump I use now comes
from
Davies Craig (Australia)  (www.daviescraig.com) and uses 1 amp. Even our poor
dynamo's can cope with that.   The pump goes under the front apron and gets
water
from the radiator were you make a connection where the drain tab was. On the F
the
water gets injected in the inlet pipe under an angle so it will get all the
water
moving.
If you combine the waterpump with water wetter then you need to put a
thermostat to
control the pump or the engine will not get hot enough even when it is really
warm.

If necessary I can mail you pics of this setup.

MMM
Stefaan