Re: Crown wheel & Pinion : 7/37

To: <hiro@octagongarage.com>, "MG MMM" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Crown wheel & Pinion : 7/37
From: "Pete and Fran Thelander" <pthelander@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 21:05:05 -0800
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hiro, Bob, et al,
I had A 7/37 in the NE for a bit.  It didn't last long.  But it certainly is
not TA.  The TA had 8/39 and is about a quarter of an inch larger in
diameter on the crown wheel.  It works very well in a TC, like a mild
overdrive.  I also have a 9/41 straight cut racing TC gear that I had to cut
down to fit the slightly smaller MMM carrier.  But that does not answer the
original question of where DID the 7/37 come from.  Sorry I can't really
help on that (so I suppose I should have just kept my yap shut).
Pete