Re: Wheel balancing

To: "Dave & Diana Dwyer" <dmdwyer@optusnet.com.au>, "mg-tabc" <mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com>, "MMM List" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>, "MG-T LIST" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wheel balancing
From: "Pete and Fran Thelander" <pthelander@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 17:54:36 -0800
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Dave
You shouldn't be having that much troouble balancing 19" wheels.  Have
checked to see that the wheels are true - runout of 1/16" or less both
radially and in plane???  Then, are the tires seated properly on the rims???
The only time I've had that much unbalance, the tires were not seated
concentrically on the rim.  To cure, simpley deflate, shake a little talcum
powder (or soapy water) on the bead and reinflate.  You should be able to
hear the bead "pop" or creep into correct position on the rim.  Many tires
have a small ridge cast in just above the rim so you can see fairly easily
if the tire is concentric with the rim.
Pete