Re: Carrillo or Phoenix rods question

To: <TATERRY@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Carrillo or Phoenix rods question
From: "Pip Bucknell" <mgwizard@caloundra.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 08:04:07 +1000
Cc: "MMM List UK" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Dear Terry,

My guess is that you are asking about the bolt tension for your NB.  I KNOW
THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO BE "RACED"

Even so, the tension method generally used in UK is rather "out dated" now,
and a far better and more accurate method is by use of a stretch gauge.

Probably, better than most, you realise the largish cost in building a motor
for a MMM car.  No matter what its use will be, why risk destroying valuable
items.

My own preference is also to use the special bolts & studs now available in
USA and of course, never use any of them twice.  ALWAYS USE NEW ONES.

Good luck

Pip
AUSTRALIA