PA/PB Gearboxes

To: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: PA/PB Gearboxes
From: "Anderson, Phil" <panderson@northpark.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 11:19:58 -0500
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
I recall reading something about how the PA and PB gearboxes can be identified
by their external markings on the case, but I can't seem to find where I saw
it. My recollection is that the PA box may have been stamped 135 and the PB box
165 (or was it 165 and 185?). I am curious because the original box in my PA
was replaced by the works in November 1935, and I am hoping, naturally, that I
have the better ratios of the PB (of course, it may have been replaced again at
a later date).

At any rate, mine is stamped 165. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Phil Anderson
PA1212