Re: Distributor

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Distributor
From: Kellmg@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 22:51:00 EDT
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Bob, Pip, and List,

The first distributor that was tested on the analyzer was
DK4A   404 332   fitted with a 12 degree advanced plate that actually read 30
degree
on test.

550 dist. rpm. [1100 engine rpm.]      5 degree advanced.
565                                                10
600                                                15
675                                                20
700                                                30

Obviously, the plate and or weights and springs had been altered.

The second distributor that was tested,

DK4A   402 24B.      13 degree max on test.
  410  dist. rpm.  [820 engine rpm.]     5 degree advance.
1000                                                9
1400                                              13 degree max.

I know that the P Type's originally had,
Series number      400 186
Ordering number   404 424
Reference Lucas Cat. 1939.

My question now being, how to locate parts to bring these two distributors up
to the P specifications?
How critical have other owners been in identifying and testing the curve
factor on their engines?

As for Avgas? No.
Thanks for your input so far.

Brian Kelly.

n a message dated 09/10/2001 7:45:39 PM Central Daylight Time,

British Cars Web: http://www.team.net/sol