Re: Test/ e-lists

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Test/ e-lists
From: Kellmg@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 20:36:18 EDT
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
In a message dated 08/30/2001 3:19:34 PM Central Daylight Time,
dont.panic@virgin.net writes:

> Hello chaps,
>
> couldn't help chipping in.......i'm on the Laverda Owners list......since
> may last year i have recieved, lets see......12674 messages, twelve thousand
> !
>
> but have to say all of the 300 people on the list are
> sensible.......Laverdas were always very very expensive and their 'high
> class' advertising and price attracted 'professional' type people and real
> enthusiasts

Hi,

One of my claims for fame is I have always had a VW Camper. For the last 5
years an '86 Vanagon Westfalia camper. Having let it slip into disrepair
recently I chose to search the Net to find a list. This was about two weeks
ago. I kid you not. Traffic, 100 a day.

Now Volkswagon were never at the high end of any one's list, and the
attraction is not widely "professional" types. However,TODAY, The Washington
Post, no less, printed an article written by one of their staff writers who
happens to be subscribed to the Vanagon list.

       <A
HREF="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A16710-2001Aug29.html";>http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A16710-2001Aug29.html</A><A
 HREF="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A16710-2001Aug29.html";>html
</A>
Try and top that.
The bus is running fine. Maybe I'll see you guys in Colorado in a couple of
weeks.

Brian Kelly.
'34 PA.
'86 VW Vanagon. [ Proudly.]