RE: PA Firewall seal

To: "'Gerry Weber'" <webarch@easyon.com>, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: PA Firewall seal
From: "Nowlan, Chris" <cnowlan@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 17:37:35 -0700
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Gerry,

        If memory serves me, the original seal had a profile in the shape of
the capitol letter "B" with the two rounded bits intended to contact the
bonnet panels.  I can't quickly find a period photo of this seal but believe
there is a good photo which clearly shows the profile in one of the standard
reference books.
        The seal was also a soft sponge section but I don't believe it had a
"live skin" outer covering.

        Now if someone wants to take on the task of reproducing a J, F, D,
L, K firewall seals that are to the correct dimension and shore hardness and
do not require that the firewall be cut down so that the bonnet will
close...???

Cheers,

Chris Nowlan
Product Development