Re: MG PA engine

To: Dwyer <jasper@enternet.com.au>, mg-mmm <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG PA engine
From: "J.E.A.Rich" <jear@rmi.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 09:39:16 -0600
Cc: <british-cars-pre-war@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Dave,

To answer your questions, the oil holes in the rocker shafts face towards
the centre of the head and line up with the oil groove inside the rocker
bush. The hexagonal part of the rocker bush is on the left when viewed from
the side of the head and for a PA should be installed in the rocker with the
oil hole pointing down in the approximate 7 o'clock position but with the
top & bottom flats on the the hexagon parallel with the head face. All the
rockers should be set up like this (they are different for a J) and the
rocker clearances adjusted by grinding the valves not turning the
eccentrics!

Cheers, "Bob".