Re: Oil leaks

To: "PMS GB Ltd" <Clives_page@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Oil leaks
From: "Andrew Fock" <awfock@netspace.net.au>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 18:47:15 +1000
Cc: "MG Pre-war" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hi Clive,

I suspected as much. I seem to have a torrential leak when under load. The
breather is clear (well at least fumes seem to come out of it!), and around
town the leak is minimal, but after sustained high speed running especially
at full throttle, the amount of oil out the drain hole is substantial. I
suspect that a lip seal has been put in the bell housing (and therefore the
original return thread etc have been machined off) and that this has failed.
If so I suspect that the only solution will be to pull the engine down. Can
the rear seal be done without doing the whole engine?

Andrew