Phoenix connecting rod bolts

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Phoenix connecting rod bolts
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 11:27:48 EDT
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Dear Prewarriors,  a note of caution!  From an extremely reliable source,
I've learned that the results of an independent engineering failure analysis
said that rod bolts heat treated by Phoenix in early 1999 resulted in a
faulty batch!! and that was the direct cause of a catastrophic failure of a
MMM engine of some note.
 It was also said that Phoenix is going to fold up in 2001.

This information is second hand and not collaborated by any documentation.
It is not my purpose to spread rumors and my information is that Phoenix has
always manufactured a very high quality product.  Being in the rolling stock
business, I know first hand how easily something like this can happen by an
outside vendor.  So just to caution that if you have rod bolts installed in
your engine that may have come from this batch, you'd be advised to replace
them....that would be January or February of 1999.

Terry