Re: Hood colours-Reply

To: <DONKER@aol.com>, <MG-MMM@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hood colours-Reply
From: "Scotty" <scotty@dove.net.au>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 21:00:47 +0930
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Bill,
       I have looked into the question of hood colors for the J2 and the
factory sales flyers of 1933 advertise color coded hoods to suit the paint
color on the cars.  I don't know if hooding of a suitable color or type can
be bought today or not, but Tan or  Black would be suitable  IMHO. YMMV. My
car was green when it left Abingdon and would have had a green hood or
perhaps ordered with black as original equipment. So, I'm going to go with
black.
Perhaps if you contact the MMM register and see if they have a sales
brochure for the P the colors may be listed as they were for the J types.

Anyone on the list with a P type sales brochure?

Regards,

Scotty,
Adelaide, Australia.
'33-J2 # 4330.  Restoration project.