Hood colours

To: MG-MMM@autox.team.net
Subject: Hood colours
From: DONKER@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 17:15:45 EDT
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
I am looking for some documentation on hood and side cutain colours for a PA.
I have been told that they are all black, but I see in many of the
publications of the mid 1930's that there are tan/fawn hoods and side
curtains on both J's and P's. There are pictures in the Safety Fast
publications in 1935 and 1936 that clearly show light colour hoods and side
curtains, albeit in black and white photos. I have not been able to find any
Works documentation on hood colours as an option at the time of purchase,
though clearly from the pictures, there must have been.

Any thoughts on where the data might be found would be appreciated. Cheers...
Bill, Littleton, Co