PA dash, and things

To: "'MG MMM List'" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: PA dash, and things
From: Nick Wright <NickWright@sutton-publishing.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 10:03:05 +0100
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Dear MMMers

My PA has an original dashboard in good condition. Trouble is that it has a
few odd things in it which I would like to remove. When this is done I shall
obviously have holes to fill. Sequoia, the wood from which the dash veneer
is made, was made an endangered species in 1935 (which is why PB dashes use
burr walnut). SO, I am going to have my work cut out finding matching wood
to fill the holes...
Does anyone have a discarded, scrap original dash from a PA (or an NA, as I
think these used the same veneer) which might have a few salvagable bits? Or
does anyone know someone who might??
I am also on the look out for an original 'rhombic' panel in okay to good
condition, and original M.G. Car Company threshold plates (condition not too
important). Are you, or do you know of, a concours person who might have
consigned these shabby items to a box under the bench??
Oh, and longest shot of all - might the same concours restorer have
discarded original apple green rexine-covered door panels, and the trim
panels that go in front of and below the doors of a P-type??? If so, I'd
love to give them a good home!

Thanks alot

Nick Wright
PA2218