Re: MG P-type windscreen+ gearbox remote

To: <British-Cars-Pre-War@autox.team.net>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG P-type windscreen+ gearbox remote
From: "rob thomas" <rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 11:07:05 +0100
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Many thanks to all of you who replied to my requests for these items.  I now
have basically the articles I need, albeit in an incomplete condition.  For
the screen I need to find some wing and dome nuts etc. for the folding
mechanism, the wiper brackets (or pictures/photos of) and the right hand
upper part of the mechanism (2 studs in a 1/2 inch by 8 inch-ish piece of
chrome-on-brass), preferably worn items that don't look new.  I would expect
that there are some items in your garages that wouldn't look right on your
own cars but would fit in well with the 'lived in' look of mine.
I could collect if not too far from Cardiff U.K.
For those who wanted to know about my quest to get a remote fitted to my
gearbox, I can now confirm that the P-type remote mates to the
Morris/Wolsley 8 and post war (series MM) Minor gearbox using a piece of 615
thou (15.25mm) alloy plate as a spacer between the top of the box and the
bottom of the remote.
Lastly, I am looking for a pair of the rear wing brackets that extend from
the back of the body to the wings and the large (worn looking?) chrome
mounting bolts that hold them together.

Many thanks for your continued help, advice and support.

Rob Thomas
                                                          __o_\___