Re: Brit(?) Number Plate BOP 618/British Registration numbers

To: richard.calver@zg.tel.hr
Subject: Re: Brit(?) Number Plate BOP 618/British Registration numbers
From: Jack Hardy <jnshardy@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 09:44:18 -0800
Cc: British-Cars-Pre-War@autox.team.net, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000 08:25:26 +0100 "Richard Calver"
<richard.calver@zg.tel.hr> writes:
> Essentially all of the Birmingham records were destroyed, same as all
> other
> main licensing centres (most of London, most of Manchester etc).
> Mainly it's
> the little offices where they survived. A great pity as I would like
> very
> much to have a look at the 1930s EA series. Does anyone know if the
> odd
> volume may have been squirreled away?
>
> Richard Calver

I'll get my "two cents in" on this;

I'm looking for the orignal registration number for MG PA #1875, 1st sold
by University Motors to; Mr. G. Gallowhur 27 April, 1935, in London.  I
also have correspondence with the factory in 1936 by a Mr. Cooper in
Cardiff, Wales. Then photos of it in the late '30's in New Jersey, USA
where a British style plate can be seen under the N.J. plate. MG3??5 can
be seen. It spent some time in England and Spain in the '60's with I
think just a small "USA" plate.

I'd sure like to be able to fill in the two unknown numbers. Or any other
history. Anybody have any information?

Richard, as you say the records seem to have been destroyed.

I've been in contact with DVLA, Octagon Car Club,  MG Car Club, and
previous owners.

                Thanks,
                Jack Hardy
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.