MG PA clutch

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: MG PA clutch
From: Dwyer <jasper@enternet.com.au>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 20:07:11 +1100
Cc: british-cars-pre-war@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Gentlemen (and Ladies if any)

We're in the midst of extensive reconditioning of our PA engine. When
it's finally reassembled we hope for all 35 bhp for the first time in
quite a few years (maybe more 'cos reboring increases both the swept
volume and the CR).

However the clutch plate is 30 years old and the pressure plate assembly
over 60. With a major engine rebuild I'd normally replace these
automatically, but how?

The guys in Melbourne have used a Datsun clutch in the PA, but it's said
to be heavy to operate. Someone here in Sydney has installed a Hillman
Hunter assembly, and I ##know## that's very heavy. OK for the track but
a problem on the road.

I will value any suggestions: I'm sure that the collective mind has a
solution.

Regards

Dave Dwyer
MG J2/PA engine