Re: Drive shaft U-joints (formerly, CV U-Joint)

To: "'land-speed submit'" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Drive shaft U-joints (formerly, CV U-Joint)
From: "Benn" <karhu@california.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 09:33:26 -0700
As I recall, one can run the driveshaft angles (with regular U-joints)
either up or down at either end as long as the angles (or absolute value
of same) are similar.  This presumably will make any velocity changes
cancel from one end to the other.  At least that's what I thought we did
at Peterbilt back in the 70's.  A driveshaft that angled down both front
and rear was referred to as a "broken back" driveline.  Not an answer,
but maybe some clues...
Benn