Re: Handling on Salt - - Open rear end

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Handling on Salt - - Open rear end
From: Doug Odom <dlodom@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:58:55 -0700
Dick, I keep seeing this question asked. The problem is, LSR cars can be
anything from a 108"wb, 60" tread width door slammer to a 225"wb, 18"
tread width streamliner. Think about how different the effect of the
driving tires have on on the car. A spool on a very narrow, long
wheelbase car will not react the same as a wide tread, short wheelbase
car. I run an open rearend on the Corvette and a spool on the
streamliner for a reason. 40+ years of racing has lead me to this
decision. Had a Detroit locker go bad on a NASCAR stock car at
Riverside. Boy, was that a scary ride.   Doug Odom in big ditch