Re: E85, more questions

To: "Rich Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>
Subject: Re: E85, more questions
From: "Ed Weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 20:36:36 -0700
Rich--
Real hard to beat these hydrocarbon liquids on an energy per pound basis. We
keep hoping for "the magic energy bullet".   Maybe it's out there at the end
of some long R&D trail.  But why?  Are we so hopelessly addicted to our 2
and 3 ton vehicles and driving at 75 mph that we refuse to consider any
other alternatives?   What will we do when gas is $6.00/gallon instead of
$3.00?  Today a round trip to El Mirage towing my roadster (still
unfinished) on my big trailer will cost me $300+ for gas alone.  I'm
thinking real seriously about some different way.  I honestly don't think
E85 or any other things being currently considered will help me much.  I
mean, like, I don't think a Prius is the answer.
Ed Weldon