NSU at Bonneville

To: "list answer" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: NSU at Bonneville
From: "Pork Pie" <pork.pie@t-online.de>
Date: 04 Oct 2005 20:22 GMT
Hi List,

unfortunately the World Final is canceled - this was not a racers year - just
like 1982.

Why I write today.

Heinz Herz will still come over to Salt Lake City and Wendover next week - he
has no chance to cancel his ticket a second time.

His original idea was to show the picture of the bike to the inspector during
the World Final.

Glen wrote me that he contact Mike Cook and told him Heinz idea with 50
anniversary runs.

As I understood, it would be possible but the bike had to pass the minimum
safety inspection rules - so now my question.

Is someone of the inspector in the Salt Lake area or not to far away (for
normal German car driver - except me)- means in a range of 400 miles or a
little bit more - so that he can check the picture and explain what Heinz has
to do to pass the inspection.

He can discuss than the necessary modifications directly with Heinz and the
solutions how to get it done.

Otherwise Heinz got only the chance to send the picture, but than it's hard to
explain and discuss the modifications.

Would be great if I can get the informations in the next day so that I can
check the map where Heinz has to go, also that Heinz can contact them by e-mail
before he leaves to manage the "meet"

You can contact me off list.

Otherwise, nobody from the BNI/SCTA inspector is close enough - may be the
USFRA inspectors can look at the picture.

Unfortunately the rain creates a big problem for Heinz, but I know that the
list managed a lot of other troubles before, so I have the hope that it will
work out again.

Best wishes to everybody and thanks in advance for all the support.

Pork Pie

Ps. Glen, a special question to you, as I remember - you live now in the south
of Utah?? Heinz will do a trip to Moab, to see the arches. If this would be on
the way he can stop by and he could talk to you.